Updated 11:00am, 18 March 2020
Given the quickly changing situation around COVD-19, OISC are keen to keep members updated around the status of trial games, competitions and training. The SAASL, FFA and FSA have all issued updated communication on March 17 and 18, which provided the following advice:
- Current Football SA administered “grassroots” competitions, including the FFA Cup Preliminary round (OISC Vs. Adelaide Uni SL2) and Women’s Division 2 have been suspended until 14 April 2020.
- Official Men’s SAASL competitions, including the Cup Rounds 1 & 2 scheduled to be played on March 21 and 28 and league competitions scheduled to commence on April 4, have also been postponed until after April 14 2020.
- As stipulated by the SAASL and FSA communications, all clubs must cease ALL training (official and unoffical ad-hoc get togethers of players) until after April 14 2020. As a result there will be no training until after April 14, pending further notification from the leagues.
- The Men’s SAASL season start date of April 4 is now impacted by this extended suspension and as such the league will not be commencing on that date. At this time SAASL propose a league commencement date of 2 May 2020 which will allow for a short pre-season period where trial matches can be played ahead of the season start. We are awaiting advice from the league in regard to any changes to the league fixtures. The Cup competition will remain suspended until further notice.
- The Women’s League start date is further impacted by this and as such we will await further details from Football SA as to when the league will commence and impact to the league calendar with relation to postponed fixtures.
OISC is keen to ensure the safety of its members as well as the broader community during this important time and will continue to keep its members updated as the Australian Government and relevant football administration issue updated advice in the quickly changing circumstances. Please contact one of the committee for further information.